Friday, March 13, 2009

So much to do, so little time

I have been listening to, "Spiritual Disciplines for a Christian Life," on CD during my commute to and from work every day. I have enjoyed the book evan though I am only on chapter 5. I am a little discouraged however because of time. I have some ideas about how to change my schedule, but came to the conclusion if this were some one else's problem it would be easy for me to have the correct solution. So I was wondering if any one had any suggestions for me. Here is my scheduale, and a list of tings that I would like to add.

Wake Up 5:30 am.

Out the door no later than 6:00 am.

Drive to work 6:00 - 6:50 to be safe.

Work starts at 7:00 am.

Lunch Break optional. Eat food back to work.

Drive home most of the time 3:30 - 4:20

4:20 - 8:00 Family time/ Camp work/ etc.

Kids in bed at 8:00 pm.

8:00 - 9:00 or 10:00 pm. Relax with wife/ TV

No later than 10:00 pm. I go to bed.

I know I can't do every thing I want to do. But I need help putting my priorities in place. The schedule I keep now does not include a quiet time with God. I try to do some Bible reading with the boys after dinner and a little more on my own. I also want to memorize scripture, and study the Bible to the extent that I am able to give an answer. 1peter 3:15.

I also thing physical exercise is important to. I would like to read other books, and learn to play the piano, or possibly the guitar.

I know I want every thing.

No comments: